Gem Earning Rates:
|Lvls. 1-3||Lvls. 4-7||Lvls. 8-9||Lvl. 10|
|January 1, 2013||February 1, 2013|
|December 13, 2013||February 1, 2014|
|May 16, 2014||May 19, 2014|
|December 18, 2014|
|Affiliated Decoration: Cloisonne Runestone|
- Garnet is the birthstone for the month of January.
- The Garnet Dragon is the first gemstone dragon to be released while the previous month's gemstone dragon was still in the market.
- The in-game notification of the Garnet Dragon has the word "hatch" spelled "hatche".
- The Garnet Dragon cannot breed with any other dragon, including breeding with another Garnet Dragon.
- The Garnet Dragon can swim in the Gemstone Island, but it has to come up for air.
- Initially, the Garnet Dragon was available at level 14, but the level availability was changed on October 9, 2013, to level 16.
- The Garnet Dragon appears to be based on the half-goat half-fish design commonly associated with the astrological sign Capricorn. This makes sense as the duration of Capricorn covers most of the month of January.
- The "witch Amalthea", mentioned in the description, is probably a reference to the goddess Amalthea of Greek mythology, who was a goat-tending nymph that raised Zeus.
- Zeus' Roman name is Jupiter, which is also the planet which rules over the constellation of Capricorn.
- The reference to Garnet Dragons being "a blast" may be a pun on the term porphyroblast, which is a large crystal in a finer-grained metamorphic rock. Garnet is one of the most common porphyroblasts.
- The description mentions "abrasive attitudes". This is likely a reference to the fact that garnets have abrasive textures before being polished.