Fireflies were only able to be turned in when the player had enough to obtain the next prize in the list.
The total amount of fireflies needed to earn all of the prizes was 5,500 fireflies.
|Prize||Individual Cost||Cumulative Cost|
If a player turned in more fireflies than required to obtain their next prize the remaining fireflies was accumulated in the firefly storage meter for the next prize. The firefly storage meter would not reset to zero.
What is the Firefly Festival?
- Firefly Festival- Help Menu Rules One.jpg
- Firefly Festival- Help Menu Rules Two.jpg
- The Firefly Festival- Welcome to the Firefly Festival.jpg
- The Firefly Festival- Finding Fireflies One.jpg
- The Firefly Festival- Finding Fireflies Two.jpg
- The Firefly Festival- Buying Fireflies.jpg
- The Firefly Festival- Turning in Fireflies for Prizes Part One.jpg
- The Firefly Festival- Turning in Fireflies for Prizes Part Two.jpg
- The Firefly Festival- Get More Fireflies.jpg
- The Firefly Festival- Extra Fireflies.jpg
- The Firefly Festival- Finishing the Firefly Festival.jpg
- The Firefly Festival- Help Menu Prizes One.jpg
- The Firefly Festival- Help Menu Prizes Two.jpg
The Firefly Festival's objective was to power up the Gloaming Gate.
The Firefly Festival helped build on the Firefly Festival Island where the Gloaming Gate, Dawnbreak Edifice, Dawn Pedestal, Unhatched Dawn Dragon, Duskfall Edifice, Dusk Pedestal, Unhatched Dusk Dragon, Celestial Habitat, and the Twilight Tower were located which enabled players to obtain them as exclusive rewards for their efforts.
The "Info" section of Prizes section in the Firefly Festival Help Menu provided a display of the info box for their respective prizes which were viewed by clicking the prize after obtaining it.
The Firefly Festival started with a tutorial explaining how the Firefly Festival will work.
The process of this tutorial is able to be viewed in the gallery to the right.
The tutorial took a few minutes to complete from beginning to end, but players received 250 as a goal completion reward after completing the tutorial.
- Firefly Festival- Prize Completion One.png
- Firefly Festival- Prize Completion Two.png
- Firefly Festival- Prize Completion Three.png
- Firefly Festival- Prize Completion Four.png
- Firefly Festival- Prize Completion Five.png
- Firefly Festival- Prize Completion Six.png
- Firefly Festival- Prize Completion Seven.png
- Firefly Festival- Prize Completion Eight.png
- Firefly Festival- Prize Completion Nine.jpg
- Firefly Festival- Prize Completion Ten.jpg
- Firefly Festival- Getting Gems.jpg
- Firefly Festival- Prize Completion Animation.jpg
When enough fireflies were collected they were able to be traded in for prizes. Upon receiving a prize a message card popped-up.
This is the process in which the prize completion occurred.
- On July 9, 2014, Update 2.4.0 was available in the App Store and Google Play, and included a brief description about the Firefly Festival. However, the event did not begin until the following day and only a few minor changes were made upon updating the game such as a different loading screen and DragonVale icon.
- The Firefly Festival began on July 10, 2014, and ended on August 4, 2014.
- On July 18, 2014, Backflip Studios made it possible to collect twice the amount of fireflies from completing the tasks in the Firefly Festival event and doubled the daily capacity of fireflies. This was a "weekend only" promotion and only lasted for 72 hours.
- Players who finished the Firefly Festival by earning all the rewards from the event were not able to collect any more fireflies prior to the event officially ending, the Firefly Festival Island disappeared and the event ended "earlier" for them.
- The Firefly Festival rewards were never available for purchase in the market.
- To obtain the Firefly Festival rewards, a player needed to cast fireflies into the Gloaming Gate from July 10, 2014, to August 4, 2014.
- The Firefly Festival ended on August 4, 2014, at approximately 16:30:00 (UTC).
- Players who participated in the Firefly Festival received the Gloaming Stone upon the completion/end of the event.