Experience is an essential part of DragonVale. The amount of experience determines what level a park is. Leveling up is the only way to unlock new dragons, habitats, decorations, etc. A park gains a level every time the experience bar is filled.
- Refer to Experience Per Level for more information.
Each dragon also has an experience bar of its own that is based on how many treats the dragon is fed. So far basic and hybrid dragons can reach level 20, while epic and gemstone dragons can only reach level 10.
How To Earn Experience Points
- Accomplishing goals.
- Feeding your dragons with treats.
- Finishing an event at the Colosseum.
- Hatching dragons and selling egg pedestals.
- Placing new buildings, habitats, and decorations.
- Removing obstacles.
- Forming and summoning the third island.
- Winning a race at the Dragon Track.
- Winning quests.